Browser Compatibility Notification
It appears you are trying to access this site using an outdated browser. As a result, parts of the site may not function properly for you. We recommend updating your browser to its most recent version at your earliest convenience.

Report a Concern or Problem


To help resolve a concern or problem, please review the below listing of common transportation questions and concerns with responses and links to assist you:

I have a change to my Home Address/Sitter Address/Joint Custody Address/School or have to register my child(ren)
Transportation may be authorized for students to and from the residence of a permanent (five [5] days per week) babysitter, Day Care Centre, or custodial parents/guardians within the student's home school attendance zone.  Click here for our "Student Transportation Request Protocol".
Can I get bus transportation for my child if out of zone (e.g. cross boundary transportation for shared custody arrangement)?
Students must reside within the designated attendance boundary of the school they are attending and meet the minimum transportation eligibility, such as distance requirements. Click here to determine transportation eligibility.
Can I get a closer stop/home stop vs. corner stop?
Click here for F.01.06.1 Request for Stop Location Review Form
Who do I speak to about student discipline/safety issues on the bus or bus seat assignments?
The school principal is responsible for students while they are on the bus. Please contact your school directly.
I would like to receive email notifications for bus cancellations and delays
Click here for instructions on how to sign up for email notifications
I would like to receive notifications for bus cancellations and delays on my "Apple" device
With your Apple device, click here to add the BusPlanner Delays App on iTunes (verify the app with "RCJTC")
I would like to receive notifications for bus cancellations and delays on my "Android" device
With your Android device, click here to add the BusPlanner Delays App on Google Play (verify the app with "RCJTC")
My child(ren) no longer need a bus
Click here for the F.01.92 Decline Transportion Form
I would like to request a stop review for my child(ren)'s stop location/stop is unsafe due to the location/no sidewalk to wait on/students not respecting property/not getting along at stop
Click here for the F.01.06.1 Request for Stop Location Review Form
I would like to Appeal a Transportation Decision
Click here for Appeal Process 
Why is my child a walker and no longer on the bus?
Click here for calculation of walk distances by grade, to/from school, to/from stop
I would like to request a Temporary Seat for my chil(ren)
Click here for Temporary Transportation Process
Complaints about drivers/lost or forgotten items on bus/bus arrival and departure time concerns/vehicle related problems
Please contact your bus operator directly. Click here to find the list of bus operators and their contact information.  
Too many children are on the bus/sharing seats
The number of students on a bus is not to exceed the Ministry of Transportation's capacity rating (students from Grades JK to 6 are 3 to a seat; students from grades 7 to 12 are 2 to a seat). If students are exceeding this, please contact RCJTC 
My child's bus ride is too long
The staff of RCJTC considers the duration of each route when planning transportation routes. The amount of time spent aboard the vehicle by students shall not normally exceed 60 minutes (JK-6) and 75 minutes (Gr. 7-12). The length of the ride will be calculated based on the transporation software and "normal" traffic conditions. Click here to learn more about ridership.
Vehicle passed a stopped bus / vehicle speeding
For driving infractions, you may contact the OPP by calling 1-888-310-1122 as the Police have to talk to the actual individual who witnessed the incident
Which bus is my child(ren) on? 
You can use our online Parent Portal, which allows parents to access bus stop information for their children 
I would like to rent a bus for a private event
Please contact any of our local bus providers listed on our website to inquire about renting a bus for your special occasion.
Who do I call for snow clearing and maintenance of sidewalks and roads?
Please contact your municipality directly as they are responsible for road and sidewalk maintenance and snow clearing.

If you are not sure whom to contact, please contact the Renfrew County Joint Transportation Consortium by email for assistance. If you do not have access to email, you may call 613-732-8419. The RCJTC office hours are from 6:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday on normal operating days during the school year. During the summer months, the office hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.